Wednesday, February 9, 2011

its been a while

Well, it has been a while since I blogged last & alot has happened.  Quit job, moved, found new place to live, traveled to SoCal to visit family for Christmas, found new job - all in 2 months.  Love living in Seattle, it is so beautiful here.  Got to experience the end of Fall, some snow & Winter so far & it has all been enjoyable - I really missed the seasons.  I do miss some of the great people I met on Oahu, but not really missing living there at the moment.  The racism, high costs of living & small job opportunities just killed my Aloha spirit.  I am also glad to be in a new job that is still in the research administration.  Love my new job, still learning how to do things - but the learning curve is more on how they do things since they are not a university & about things I haven't done in years. 

One of the goals I have set for this year is to try to blog more.  Also want to get back into photography & knitting.  Realized recently that life is about enjoying the little things, and I miss enjoying them.  My anxiety disorder keeps me from doing so many things I want to do or try to do.  I know they are irrational fears and thoughts, but that doesn't always stop them from taking over.  I am going to find a way to express myself & my creativity without letting it overwhelm me or trigger my anxiety - that is my goal for the rest of my life.  Now that I have decided, just need to do the hard part - implementing it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment