Saturday, May 19, 2012

it has been a while

Wow, it has been a while since i have blogged.  Things have been hectic in my life lately trying to balance work, school, exercise & family.  My last class seemed a lot harder then it should have been, which seems to be the feelings of my other classmates.  4 classes down, 7 to go.  Started my 5th class on Monday and so far it looks like it will be manageable.  Work is a nightmare as one of my co-workers quit a few weeks ago (which is a good thing) but we have been unable to find a good candidate to replace her (which is a bad thing).  We all have larger work loads, no time to get anything done.  Started exercising again this month - which sadly means it has been 18 months since I stopped working out. 

Man I miss being in shape... I started with jogging/walking which aggravated my hip - so now I am hitting the elliptical machine & walking on the treadmill. I really miss my kickboxing classes from Hawaii.  Those workouts always made me feel better, physically and mentally.  Now I feel like I am staring up a steep hill that is taking FOREVER to make progress.  After 3 weeks, the only plus is that I can go 20 minutes on the elliptical without feeling like my knees have turned into silly putty.  I know - I need to be patient and keep at it, and that it will help me with dealing with the pent up stress I seem to always store in my shoulders... but I am tired of being overweight.  I regret not immediately signing up for a gym when we moved to Seattle.  I regret letting myself get back into bad eating habits.  But I need to acknowledge these past moments and move on.  I am working out - and that is a good thing for me physically and mentally :)

No comments:

Post a Comment